Lighting Supply Company of Michigan is one of the largest distributors of lighting products in the Midwest. For more than 30 years, we've experienced steady, consistent growth. Our focus is to build a great company by delivering an incredible customer experience while providing replacement lamps (bulbs), ballasts, fixtures and lighting accessories to commercial businesses from an inventory of over 8,000 different products.
Email resume and cover letter to HR@lightingsupply.com.
Customer Service Representative
Lighting Supply Company is seeking an enthusiastic Customer Service Representative to join our call center and provide and incredible customer experience for replacement lighting needs. Our customers include electrical contractors, property managers, and other commercial businesses.
The company provides extensive training on products, systems, and processes to newly hired reps in order to provide expertise and incredible service to our customers. Our call center is open 7a-6p.
- Work with customers and internal teams to resolve issues regarding order fulfillment, returns, replacement order, and inventory discrepancies.
- Promptly answer all customer service calls, emails, or online chats.
- Communicate and work with inside sales, outside sales, and counter representatives regarding customer issues.
- Willingness to fill in at our customer facing counter for sales and support.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, strong work ethic.
- Ability to multitask within multiple systems, online chat, email, internet browsing.
- Effective listening, clear communications and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to embrace and implement the best customer service practices and take the initiative to go the extra step for the customer.
- Customer Service experience required.
- Sales experience a plus.
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Outlook, Internet, and phone systems.
- Strong, accurate typing skills required.
- Ability to learn and recall technical information easily.
- Ability to work an 8 hour shift seated at a desk, primarily communicating over the phone.
- Ability to work a standing shift at the counter, handling products as needed.
- Electrical knowledge a plus.
Warehouse Order Fulfillment
We are currently seeking a warehouse order fulfiller to pull orders, pack, restock product and complete other general warehouse and facility duties. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 10a-7p.
- Accurately pull and stage to the proper ship via the designated distribution route
- Accurately double check and pack customer orders to ensure the merchandise will arrive at the customer location safe and secure
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Strong work ethic, dependability
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented to accurately pick orders
- Careful with fragile products (much of our stock is glass)
- One year of related warehouse experience
- Ability to lift products up to 50 pounds, work in hot and cold warehouse conditions, working standing up for an eight hour shift
- Basic computer abilities, ability to count accurately, and communicate effectively with co-workers
The Lighting Supply Advantage:
Growing and profitable Michigan based company
Competitive compensation package with good
benefits and incentive program
Team environment which allows
opportunities for individual growth
Formal product training program and
casual dress environment
Candidates must embrace Lighting Supply’s
four core values:
Strong work ethic
Taking care of internal & external customers